Tip: Turn ventilation on over the cooktop before adding the red wine vinegar to the skillet. This will lessen the impact of the fumes.
Wilted Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
Hot Bacon Dressing Ingredients:
- Add bacon to a large skillet set over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until crispy, approximately 10 minutes. Transfer cooked bacon with a slotted spatula to a plate lined with paper towels. Blot excess grease from bacon with a paper towel and set aside.
- Carefully drain and discard all but one tablespoon bacon grease from the skillet and return to heat. (Wipe any drips with a thick, damp cloth to prevent a flare-up if cooking over a flame). Add the red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add red wine, honey, and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring constantly until thoroughly combined and heated through, approximately 2minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir bacon and extra virgin olive oil into the skillet until combined. Continue simmering on low heat while preparing the salad.
- Add the baby spinach, sliced strawberries, and goat cheese to a large mixing bowl. Pour hot bacon dressing on top and toss to combine. Transfer salad to a large serving platter or individual chilled plates and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you like “Wilted Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.