Traditionally, Waldorf salads are tossed in a generous amount of rich mayo-based dressing. This lighter version uses a combination of sugar-free mayonnaise and Greek yogurt for the dressing, which is then drizzled sparingly on top before serving.
For best results, prepare the dressing in advance to give the flavors time to develop.
*Tip: Granny Smith apples are crisp but somewhat tart. If desired, substitute any crisp, sweet variety instead. (One red and one green apple would make for a nice presentation).
Deconstructed Waldorf Salad
- 1/4 cup Sugar-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Honey, preferably local
- 1 tbsp Honey, preferably local
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Large head Bibb lettuce, separated, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 Medium Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced*
- 1 cup Red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 2 Large stalks celery, chopped small
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
Optional: 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a bowl and whisking until thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Assemble the salad by lining four chilled salad plates with the Bibb lettuce leaves. Top with the apples, grapes, walnuts, and goat cheese, if using.
- Drizzle with some of the dressing and serve immediately with remaining dressing on the side. Enjoy!
Did you like “Deconstructed Waldorf Salad Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.