The pork chops featured here are 1-inch thick and weigh 20 oz. Therefore, they could be served “as is” for two large servings or the meat can be removed from the bone prior to serving for four modest portions.
Tip: Make sure the sage leaves are completely dried before adding to the hot oil to prevent spattering.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Tuscan Pork Chops with White Beans and Crispy Sage
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 12-15 medium sage leaves, rinsed and dried completely
- 2 1-inch thick bone-in pork chops (1¼ lbs.)
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, preferably organic
- 1 29-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Add three tablespoons olive oil to a cast-iron skillet set over medium-low heat. Add the dried sage leaves to the skillet in a single layer. Season with some salt and sauté, turning once, until the leaves are golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully transfer the sage leaves from the skillet with a slotted spatula and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and adjust the heat to medium. Add the pork chops to the skillet and sprinkle with the garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook for3-4 minutes per side, or until the chops are nicely browned. Transfer the chops to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet and gently scrape up any brown bits with a plastic spatula. Remove from heat and add the beans and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Return the pork chops and the juices that collected on the plate to the skillet before placing in the preheated oven. Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 140°F.Remove from the oven and allow the pork to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the pork chops and white beans immediately topped with the crispy sage leaves. Enjoy!
Did you like “Tuscan Pork Chops with White Beans and Crispy Sage? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2021-07-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API