This satisfying low-carb entrée has all the elements of a classic blue cheeseburger, without the bun! This version may be a bit easier, as well, because you don’t need to form the ground beef into patties before cooking.
On the plus side, you don’t have to worry about making sure the burgers fit on the mushroom caps. However, you’ll want to be careful not to overcook the beef with this method.
Tip: To prepare the mushroom caps, gently remove stems by hand. Then, carefully scoop out the gills with a spoon and discard. This will give you more room to add your toppings, plus it will remove any residual grit.
Nutritional Information: *
Total Carbs: 4.26g
Net Carbs: 3.16g
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer
This information is provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
Please Note: Nutritional information for this recipe is an approximation because some of the ingredients listed may not be included in the HappyForks.com ingredient database exactly as described here.
Equipment mentioned in this recipe:
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Bacon and Blue Cheeseburger Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large Portobello mushroom caps, stems, and gills removed
- 6 strips, thick-cut bacon
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce**
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 oz blue cheese (+ extra for garnish)
**Worcestershire sauce adds a lot of flavor to plain ground beef, but it does contain some sugar. Omit this ingredient if this is an issue.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- With a pastry brush, brush olive oil on the outside of each mushroom cap, and around the interior and edges. Place oiled caps on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- Cook bacon, turning occasionally, in a large skillet set over medium heat until cooked through and crispy, approximately8-10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and blot off excess grease. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Carefully drain and discard almost all of the bacon grease from the skillet. Add the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, if using, and the dried rosemary. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon while stirring until the meat is mostly browned, but still a little pink in some places, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and drain excess grease from the skillet, if necessary.
- Stir the crumbled bacon and blue cheese into the ground beef and stir to combine. Carefully spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps. Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake until the cheese is nicely melted, and the mushrooms are golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with a little extra blue cheese sprinkled on top, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Bacon and Blue Cheeseburger Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2021-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API