This delicious and satisfying low carb pizza alternative really hits the spot. It features mildly spicy Poblano peppers filled with sautéed mushrooms, chunks of pepperoni, and melted Mozzarella cheese for a classic pizza taste without all the carbs.
Tip: For an easy lunch-to-go option, double this recipe for plenty of leftovers over the next few days.
Total Carbs: 4.33g
Net Carbs: 3.53g
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer
This information is provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
Please Note: Nutritional information for this recipe is an approximation because some of the ingredients listed may not be included in the HappyForks.com ingredient database exactly as described here.
Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 1/2 cup sugar-free tomato sauce, divided
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz pepperoni, outer casing removed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 medium Poblano peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Pour half the tomato sauce into a medium baking dish and spread it into a thin layer. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms develop some color and release their liquids, approximately5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining tomato sauce, pepperoni, and one cup Mozzarella cheese. Carefully spoon the pepperoni-mushroom mixture into the Poblano pepper halves and arrange them in the baking dish once filled.
- Divide the remaining Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese on top of the stuffed peppers and sprinkle the remaining oregano on top.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the peppers are fork-tender and the cheese topping is nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool for several minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Did you like “Pizza-Stuffed Poblano Peppers Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Be the first to comment