Tip: Be sure to use very thinly sliced steak for this recipe. Placing the steak in the freezer for 20 minutes prior to slicing will make this task easier.
Easy Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 Large green bell pepper, sliced thin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Ribeye steak, sliced very thin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 4-5 slices Mild Provolone cheese
- 1 Large head Bibb lettuce, separated, rinsed, and patted dry
- Add butter and one tablespoon olive oil to a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion starts to soften, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the sliced peppers. Cook, stirring frequently until the peppers are crisp-tender and nicely charred, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer the onions and peppers to a plate. Set aside.
- Add sliced steak to the skillet and adjust the heat back to medium. Season with the garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook, stirring frequently, just until the meat is browned on all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Return the onions and peppers to the skillet and stir to combine. Remove from heat and top the mixture with the Provolone cheese slices. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- To serve, remove the cover and divide the cheesesteak mixture among the lettuce leaves. Enjoy!
Did you like “Easy Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.