Tip: *May substitute any size shrimp for this recipe. If using large or extra-large shrimp, plan on 4-5 shrimp per serving. If using frozen shrimp, thaw completely and pat dry before cooking.
Total Carbs: 6.04g
Net Carbs: 4.74g
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer
This information is provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
Please Note: Nutritional information for this recipe is an approximation because some of the ingredients listed may not be included in the HappyForks.com ingredient database exactly as described here.
Equipment mentioned in this recipe:
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash And Shrimp
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz small shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tail off*
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Trim the top and bottom off each spaghetti squash to create a flat surface. Sit the squash upright and slice down the middle with a sharp knife. Scoop out the pulp and seeds with a spoon without piercing all the way through the squash.
- Brush the edges and inside of each squash half with olive oil. Sprinkle each half with the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place the squash cut side down on the prepared baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until the squash is fork-tender.
- When the squash is almost ready, melt the unsalted butter in a large skillet. Add the garlic and shrimp, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp is warmed through and opaque, approximately 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove from heat and set aside. Keep warm.
- Remove the squash from the oven and cool for several minutes. Once cool enough to handle, flip over each squash and carefully “shred” the inside with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands, leaving the shredded squash inside the squash shells.
- Evenly divide the contents of the skillet, including the remaining melted butter, between the spaghetti squash halves. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and gently toss to combine. Top with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you like “Roasted Spaghetti Squash And Shrimp Recipe? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2021-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API