Tip: These delicious sous vide egg bites can be served in the jar they are prepared in, or they can be plated for a more elegant presentation. Be sure to grease the jars with non-stick cooking spray, melted butter, or melted coconut oil to ensure easy removal.
Sous Vide Egg Bites With Bacon & Gruyere
- 6 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 T. smoked Gruyere cheese, grated or finely chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup Cottage cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled, divided
- 2 tbsp Green onion, sliced (green part only)
- 6 4-oz. glass canning jars
Optional: non-stick cooking spray, melted butter, or melted coconut oil
- Fill a large container or pot with water and attach the sous vide circulator to the side. Set the temperature to 172°F and the cooking time to 30 minutes.
- While the water bath heats up, add the eggs, half-cup Gruyere cheese, and cottage cheese to a blender and season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Process until smooth.
- Grease 6 4-oz. canning jars with non-stick cooking spray, melted butter, or coconut oil, if desired. Divide ¾ of the bacon among the 6 jars and top off each jar with the blended egg mixture.
- Add a two-part lid to each jar and close until “finger tight.” (The jar should be tight enough to prevent water from getting inside, but not so tight that extra air cannot escape while in the bath). Shake each jar to distribute the crumbled bacon and egg mixture evenly.
- Once the water temperature reaches the set temperature, carefully place the sealed jars into the water bath with tongs. Reset the cooking time to 30 minutes, if necessary.
- When cook time is completely, carefully remove the glass jars from the water bath and loosen the lids. Serve immediately topped with the remaining Gruyere cheese, crumbled bacon, and sliced green onion or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. (Egg bites can be quickly reheated in the microwave or placed back in a warm water bath for 15 minutes before serving). Enjoy!
Did you like “Sous Vide Egg Bites With Bacon & Gruyere”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.