Sous Vide Chicken and Bok Choy Soup
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 Green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
- 3-4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz White mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 tsp Five spice powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger, finely minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 cup Chicken broth, preferably organic
- 3 Baby bok choy, trimmed and sliced
- 4 oz Rice noodles (gluten free)
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to serve (optional)
- Fill a large container or pot with water and attach the sous vide circulator to the side. Set the temperature to 145°F and the cooking time to 2 hours.
- While the water bath heats up, drizzle the chicken breasts with the toasted sesame oil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place chicken breasts in an airtight plastic bag and remove as much air as possible while sealing.
- Once the water bath reaches the set temperature, add the sealed bag. (The bag will sink if enough air has been removed). Adjust the sous vide timer back to two hours, if necessary.
- 10 minutes before the chicken is done, heat the olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the white part of the green onions and garlic and cook, stirring continually, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and sprinkle the five-spice powder and freshly grated ginger on top. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently until the mushrooms are golden brown, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- When to cook time is complete, remove the chicken breasts from the water bath and discard any liquid in the plastic bag. Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel. When cool enough to handle, shred or chop the chicken as desired.
- Add the chicken, bok choy, and rice noodles to the skillet and continue cooking until the greens are wilted and the rice noodles are tender, but not too soft, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately garnished with sliced green onions and crushed red pepper flakes, if using. Enjoy!
Did you like “Sous Vide Chicken and Bok Choy Soup”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.