This super easy one-skillet recipe is a definite keeper. It is bursting with flavor and makes its own delicious pan sauce you won’t want to miss.
The actual cook time for the pork chops will vary based on several factors, including the thickness of the chops and the internal starting temperature. (The chops pictured here are between 5 to 6-oz. each).
For best results, allow the chops to come to room temperature prior to cooking and use an instant-read thermometer to determine when they are ready.
Mediterranean Smothered Pork Chops
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 cup Cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 Medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- Remove pork chops from the refrigerator and pat dry with a paper towel. Lightly season both sides of each chop with the garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, as desired. Set aside.
- Whisk together two tablespoons of olive oil with fresh lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and thyme in a large bowl. Add the Kalamata olives, tomatoes, and Feta cheese and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to a large non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Add the red onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and starts to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil and the seasoned pork chops to the skillet. Cooking until the chops are golden brown on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.Note: The safe cooking temperature for pork is 145°F. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the chops should read approximately135°F at this point.
- Pour the seasoned tomato and Feta mixture into the skillet and nestle it in amongst the chops. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until the tomatoes and olives are warmed through and the Feta starts to melt.
- Remove skillet from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Remove cover and serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley, if desired, and your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Did you like “Mediterranean Smothered Pork Chops Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.