Slow Cooker Baked Beans with Bacon
- 16 oz Thick-cut bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 Medium sweet onion, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 15.5-oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5-oz. can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15.5-oz. cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 oz Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Sugar-free Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp Gluten-free liquid smoke
- 1 cup Real maple syrup
- 2 cup Chicken broth, preferably organic
- Add chopped bacon and onion to a large skillet. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook over medium heat until bacon starts to get crispy and the onion is soft, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and carefully drain excess grease. Set aside.
- Add the beans, bacon, and onion to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker crock. Top with the tomato paste, Dijon mustard, liquid smoke, maple syrup, and chicken broth, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Remove lid and stir to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, before serving. Enjoy!
Did you like “Slow Cooker Baked Beans with Bacon”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Be the first to comment