- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (¼ c. liquid reserved)
- 2-3 Large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 lbs Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Large head escarole, rinsed thoroughly and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fresh lime juice
Optional, to serve: Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Add drained cannellini beans and minced garlic to a medium bowl. Top with one tablespoon olive oil, the smoked paprika, and the dried oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and lightly season with salt and black pepper, if desired. Sauté, stirring continually, until the shrimp is opaque, approximately 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a plate and keep warm until ready to serve. Set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and chopped escarole to the same skillet. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and sauté, stirring frequently, until the escarole starts to wilt, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cannellini bean mixture and the reserved ¼ cup liquid from the beans and stir to combine. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the beans are heated through and the escarole is thoroughly wilted approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in fresh lime juice.
- To serve, divide the warm cannellini bean and escarole mixture among individual serving plates and top with the cooked shrimp. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Shrimp Oreganata”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Be the first to comment