Tip: Prepare rice according to package instructions. 1 cup of uncooked rice yields approximately 3 cups cooked. Use chicken, vegetable, or other broth or stock in lieu of water for more flavor.
Shrimp Fajita Bowls with Cilantro-Lime Rice
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (+ more, if needed)
- 1 Medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and red onion. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer the veggies to a plate and add the shrimp to the skillet. (Add a little more olive oil, if necessary). Sprinkle with ground cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook just until the shrimp turns opaque approximately 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- To serve, divide the seasoned rice between four serving bowls and top each bowl with the cooked vegetables and shrimp. Garnish with additional cilantro and lime wedges, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Shrimp Fajita Bowls with Cilantro-Lime Rice”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.