To save time, you can purchase pre-made Cajun seasoning.
No products found.
No products found.
However, it is very easy to prepare at home, as well, and any excess seasoning can be stored in an airtight container for several months.
As a bonus, homemade spice blends won’t include the preservatives found in prepared versions. Plus, preparing your own Cajun blend will allow you to control the level of heat by adjusting the amount of cayenne pepper used.
Note: Most commercially available Andouille sausage contains some sugar. If this is an issue, check out Niman Ranch (https://www.nimanranch.com/) for information on where to buy their sugar-free version.
Cajun Shrimp And Vegetables Skillet
Cajun Seasoning Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp finesea salt
- 1 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 3-oz. Cajun Andouille sausage links, sliced
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely diced
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium orange or red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper (or ½ large), finely diced
- 1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning, divided*
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced and cut into half rounds
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and cut into half rounds
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
*Start with one tablespoon Cajun seasoning. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Prepare the Cajun seasoning by combining all ingredients together in a bowl. Stir to combine and transfer to an airtight container. Set aside.
- Toss the shrimp with one tablespoon olive oil and one-half tablespoon Cajun seasoning. Set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat and add the Andouille sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally until the sausage is browned, approximately 4-5 minutes. Transfer sausage to a plate and set aside.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to the skillet, along with the seasoned shrimp. Spread the shrimp into a single layer without overcrowding. Cook, stirring once, just until the shrimp is opaque and starts to curl for approximately 2 minutes. Do not overcook. Transfer shrimp to the plate with the sausage.
- Add remaining olive oil to the skillet, along with the onion, garlic, and the diced bell pepper. Sprinkle with additional Cajun seasoning, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables soften and develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the yellow squash and zucchini to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, just until browned and crisp-tender, approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the Andouille sausage, shrimp, and fresh parsley. Stir to combine and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you like “Cajun Shrimp And Vegetables Skillet”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2023-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API