Multi-colored peppers make for a nice presentation. However, any color of bell pepper, including green, works well for this recipe.
Time-Saving Tip: Slice the onions and peppers while the sausage is cooking.
One-Skillet Cheesy Sausage And Peppers
- 1 1/4 Hot Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 Medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Large red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 Large yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 Large orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- 4-5 slices Mild Provolone cheese
- Heat a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced sausage to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer sausage to a platter and carefully drain all but one tablespoon of grease from the skillet, if needed. Add the onion and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion softens and starts to develop some color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add the sliced peppers. Season lightly with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook, stirring frequently until the peppers are crisp-tender and start to char, approximately 3-4 minutes. (Do not overcook or the peppers may become mushy).
- Return the sausage to the skillet and stir to combine. Remove from heat and top with the chopped parsley and Provolone cheese slices. Cover and let sit for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove lid and serve immediately with your choice of wraps and/or side dishes. Enjoy!
Did you like “One-Skillet Cheesy Sausage And Peppers Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.