Cook time for the salmon will depend on the internal starting temperature and the thickness of the fillets. For best results, remove the fillets (and the butter) from the refrigerator 15-20 minutes before cooking. The fillets should flake easily with a fork when ready.
Time-Saving Tip: Prep the garlic, zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes while the salmon cooks.
Crispy Salmon with Herb Butter
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter, divided and room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic powder, divided
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 4-oz. wild-caught salmon fillets, skin on
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Small zucchini (or ½ large), sliced thin and cut into half rounds
- 1 Small yellow squash (or ½ large), sliced thin and cut into half rounds
- 1 cup Cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Large lemon, cut into wedges for squeezing
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- Add 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, oregano, thyme, and half the garlic powder to a small bowl and stir to combine. Setaside.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil and the remaining butter to a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Pat the salmon fillets with paper towels and add to the hot skillet skin side down. Sprinkle with the remaining garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Cook until the salmon skin is nicely browned and crispy, approximately 4-5 minutes. Carefully turn the fillets and cook on the remaining side for another 3-4 minutes, or until the salmon is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and transfer the salmon to a platter. Add remaining olive oil to the skillet and set over medium heat. Add garlic, zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender and nicely browned, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Return the salmon to the skillet and top each fillet with some of the herb butter and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you like “Crispy Salmon with Herb Butter”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Be the first to comment