To save time, roast the garlic in advance while preparing other roasted vegetables or dishes in the oven. Roasted garlic can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container covered in olive oil for up to one week.
Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Fresh vegetables: Tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and/or celery
- Kalamata olives
- High-quality extra virgin olive oil
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the top of the garlic head and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Wrap in aluminum foil and place in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Add remaining olive oil, chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, water, ground cumin, and cayenne pepper to a blender or food processor. Once cool, remove roasted garlic cloves from the outer skin and add to the container.
- Season with sea salt, to taste, and blend until smooth. Add more water, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of smoked paprika. Serve immediately with fresh vegetables and Kalamata olives. Enjoy!
Did you like “Roasted Garlic Hummus Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.