Roasted Eggplant Recipe with Pomegranate & Tahini Dressing
- 2 large Italian eggplants, cut into ¼” slices, lengthwise
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate arils, for garnish
Tahini Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste*
*Go light on added salt for the dressing because the eggplant will hold onto some of the salt from Step 1 below.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tahini dressing by placing all of the ingredients together in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and shake vigorously to combine. Set aside.
- When eggplant is almost ready, space the top two oven racks evenly apart (dividing the oven into thirds) and pre-heat the oven to425°F.
- Thoroughly rinse eggplant under running water to remove excess salt. Transfer the eggplant to a plate lined with paper towels and pat each slice thoroughly until completely dry. Transfer the dry eggplant slices to the prepared baking sheets and brush the exposed surface with the olive oil.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, or just until the eggplant is golden brown. Cook time may vary, so check after 20 minutes and adjust the final cook time accordingly. Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and transfer the roasted eggplant slices onto individual serving plates. Spoon some tahini dressing on top, along with some fresh parsley and pomegranate arils before serving. Enjoy!
Did you like “Roasted Eggplant Recipe with Pomegranate & Tahini Dressing ”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Be the first to comment