Spicy Cajun Red Snapper Recipe with Mango-Avocado Salsa
Spicy Cajun Seasoning Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (adjust amount of cayenne pepper to reach the desired level of heat)
- 3/4 tsp Dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 3/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 Large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 Large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Small red onion, diced
- 1/2 Medium jalapeño pepper, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 red or yellowtail snapper fillets
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the spicy Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mango, avocado, red onion, jalapeño, garlic, and fresh cilantro. Add fresh lime juice and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Sprinkle the Spicy Cajun Seasoning onto both sides of the snapper fillets. Rub gently to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed and adheres well.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the seasoned fillets into the hot skillet and cook until they are nicely browned and flake easily with a fork, approximately 3-5 minutes per side. Cook time will depend on the thickness of the fillets.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with some of the mango-avocado salsa on top. Enjoy!
Did you like “Spicy Cajun Red Snapper Recipe with Mango-Avocado Salsa”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.