This quick and easy Greek dip is a delicious snack or appetizer when served with crunchy vegetables and/or warm gluten-free pita bread. It is also wonderful as a spread on sandwiches or over roasted potatoes for a decadent treat.
Although it is very easy to roast your own red peppers, you can save some time by using the jarred variety instead.
Kitchen Notes: Feta is easier to process at room temperature, so remove it from the refrigerator when the peppers go into the oven.
To remove the blackened skin from the roasted peppers, some suggest placing the peppers into a plastic freezer bag. However, some plastic bags can melt from the high temperature.
Instead, try placing the hot peppers right out of the oven in a heat-safe bowl, then cover it tightly with foil or a plate to seal in the steam.
Spicy Roasted Red Pepper And Feta Dip (Htipiti)
- Chopped red pepper and crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Vegetable crudités
- Gluten-free pita and/or crackers (optional)
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat the oven to 450°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking sheet.
- Arrange the red pepper halves on the prepared baking sheet and place them in the hot oven. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until the skin starts to turn black and blister. Remove from oven and carefully transfer the hot pepper halves to a heat-safe bowl and cover tightly with foil or a plate.
- Once cool enough to handle, gently remove the blackened skin from the pepper under running water.
- Transfer the roasted red peppers to a food processor and add the chopped Feta cheese, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. Pulse until mostly smooth, with just a few chunks of Feta remaining. Taste and season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and pulse to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with some chopped red pepper and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve immediately with s choice of vegetable crudités and/or gluten-free pita or crackers. Enjoy!
Did you like “Spicy Roasted Red Pepper And Feta Dip Recipe (Htipiti)”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.