The Paloma is the national drink of Mexico. Many traditional recipes feature a blend of Blanco tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit-flavored soda. This refined sugar-free version replaces the grapefruit soda with fresh pink grapefruit juice and club soda. If desired, a little powdered monk fruit simple syrup or agave syrup can be added to sweeten.
Palomas are commonly served in highball glasses. If none are available, whiskey glasses, stemless wine glasses, or other forms of glassware can be used.
Tip: One large pink grapefruit should yield approximately 6 oz. of juice if using a manual juicer.
Items featured in this recipe and/or photos:
Sparkling Paloma Cocktail Recipe
- Himalayan rock salt, fine
- 1 Large lime, cut into wedges
- 6 oz Fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 3 oz Blanco tequila
- 1 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- Club soda
Garnish: Lime wheels and/or twisted grapefruit peel
- Pour the Himalayan salt onto a shallow dish. Wipe the rim of each glass with a wedge of lime and place the wet edge into the salt to line the rim. For best results, rotate and firmly press the rim into the salt several times.
- Fill each glass with ice. Divide the grapefruit juice, tequila, and lime juice between the two glasses and give the mixture a quick stir to combine.
- To serve, top off each glass with some club soda and garnish with a lime wheel and/or a piece of grapefruit rind. Enjoy!
- Omit the tequila and replace with additional club soda
Did you like “Sparkling Paloma Cocktail Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2021-01-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API