A Mediterranean Mezza platter is a collection of fresh and inviting small plates often served as a hearty appetizer or a light meal.
Rather than a true “recipe,” the following serves as a guideline for constructing a mouth-watering Mediterranean mezze platter featuring many traditional ingredients. It is by no means all-encompassing, so feel free to swap out these recommendations with whatever you have on hand that fits the theme.
This recipe also includes the Spicy Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip (Htipiti)* and the Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade (with the white fish recipe) mentioned below. The Roasted Garlic Hummus is also included.
To save time, substitute store-bought hummus topped with a little high-quality olive oil and smoked paprika instead.
Mediterranean Mezze Platter
- Roasted Red Pepper & Feta Dip
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
- 4 oz sliced Feta cheese topped with extra virgin olive oil and chopped parsley
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 lbs red seedless grapes
- 1 small bunch radishes
- 1 medium pomegranate
- 4 oz almonds
- 4 oz pistachios
- 1/2 cup marinated olives (green and Kalamata shown)
- Leaf lettuce (to make hummus and vegetable wraps)
Optional: Warm pita bread. May substitute gluten-free bread or crackers, if desired.
- Select a convenient location to arrange your Mezzaplatter. This can be directly on the counter, and/or use an attractive and functional collection of cutting boards and/or serving platters as part of the composition.
- Transfer the roasted red pepper & Feta dip, hummus, sun-dried tomato tapenade, sliced Feta cheese, and marinated olives into individual serving bowls. Arrange these bowls in the area you’ve selected for the Mezza platter.
- Fill in around the serving bowls with the fruit, vegetables, and nuts to create an attractive display. Add the warm pita or other soft bread, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you like “Mediterranean Mezze Platter Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.