This satisfying Instant Pot® lemony chicken and risotto is the ultimate “one-pot” comfort food. Once you see how easy it is to make risotto this way, you may never return to the traditional “stand and stir” method again.
Instant Pot® Risotto And Lemon Parsley Chicken
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest, preferably organic
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
To serve: Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Select the “Sauté’ function and adjust the setting to high. Add one tablespoon olive oil to the unit. Once hot, add the chicken and generously season with salt and black pepper. Sauté, stirring frequently, until the chicken is browned on all sides, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and add the remaining olive oil and two tablespoons of butter to the unit. Add the chopped onion and sprinkle with the garlic powder and dried thyme. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is soft and begins to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the Arborio rice and “toast” for 1-2 minutes by stirring continually in the hot butter and oil. Add the white wine and deglaze the container by gently scraping with a spatula to remove any browned bits from the bottom.
- When the liquid is reduced by one half, turn the unit off by pressing the “Cancel” button. Return the chicken and any juices from the plate to the container and pour the chicken broth on top.
- Cover and lock the lid into place. Set the pressure release valve to “Sealing” and then select the “Manual” button on the high setting. Set the cooking time to 6 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, do an immediate quick release of the pressure. Once the pin drops and there is no more steam coming out, carefully remove the lid. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and stir to combine.
- Cover and let sit for 4-5 minutes to allow any excess liquid to be absorbed. Remove the lid and give the risotto a quick stir before transferring to individual serving bowls. Serve immediately with additional grated Parmesan cheese on the side. Enjoy!
Did you like “Instant Pot® Risotto And Lemon Parsley Chicken”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.