*Available in most large grocery stores. Also available online: Garlic Sauce
**Can use frozen broccoli that has been thawed, but it will not be as crisp-tender after cooking.
Spicy Honey Garlic Shrimp And Broccoli Skillet
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar-free chili garlic sauce*
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup tamari or coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp honey, preferably local
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Optional, to Serve: White sesame seeds and/or crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare the sauce by whisking all ingredients together in a large bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and broccoli and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Quickly stir fry the vegetables just until crisp-tender and nicely browned, approximately 3-4 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add shrimp to the skillet and spread it into a single layer without overcrowding. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring once, just until the shrimp is opaque and starts to curl for approximately 2 minutes. Do not overcook. Transfer shrimp to the bowl withsautéed vegetables. Set aside.
- Create a slurry by combining the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Add the sauce and the slurry to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens and clings to a spoon, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour the shrimp and sautéed vegetables into the skillet. Carefully toss to combine and garnish with sesame seeds and/or crushed red pepper flakes, if desired, before serving. Enjoy!
Did you like “Spicy Honey Garlic Shrimp And Broccoli Skillet”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2021-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API