This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, preferably organic
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, plus more for the skillet, if necessary*
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/3 cup honey, preferably local
- 4-5 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large green onion, sliced, green part only
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- Prepare the sauce by whisking together the tamari, chicken broth, sesame oil, Sriracha sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add the chicken thighs to a large well-seasoned castiron skillet set over medium heat and season generously with salt and black pepper. *Tip: If the pan is new or not well-seasoned, add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil to the skillet before adding the chicken.
- Cook until the chicken releases easily from the skillet, approximately 4-5 minutes. Turn the chicken and pour the sauce into the skillet. Continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes, spooning the pan sauce over the chicken as it cooks.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 15-20 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 160°F when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
- Remove from heat and brush the pan sauce over the chicken until nicely coated. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before topping with the sliced green onion and sesame seeds. Serve immediately with a drizzle of pan sauce on top and your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Did you like “Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2021-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API