Here is the Enameled Dutch Oven used to create this recipe.
Dutch Oven Chicken And Rice with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Spicy Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Sugar-free peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tbsp Honey, preferably local
- 2 tsp Tamari or coconut aminos
- 1-3 tbsp Very warm water
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, patted dry
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2-3 Large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 Medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Basmati rice, thoroughly rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp Tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbsp Five spice powder
- 1 1/4 cup Chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine peanut butter, rice vinegar, sriracha sauce, ginger, honey, and tamari in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. If desired, add warm water, one tablespoon at a time, until sauce reaches desired consistency. Set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a 6-quart castiron Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs, skin side down, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook until nicely browned and the chicken releases easily, approximately 7-8 minutes. Turn the chicken thighs and cook for another4-5 minutes before transferring the chicken to a platter. Set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the Dutch oven, along with the ginger, garlic, and white onion. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften and start to turn golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the Basmati rice and cook, stirring continually, until “toasted,” approximately 1-2 minutes. Add the tamari, five spice powder, and chicken broth and stir to combine before returning the browned chicken thighs to the pot.
- Increase heat to medium-high to bring the liquid to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 25 minutes. Remove cover and check the rice for doneness. If necessary, continue cooking a few minutes longer or until the rice is tender. Remove from heat and let rest for10 minutes.
- Remove cover and transfer the chicken thighs to individual serving plates. Add the chopped cilantro and fluff the rice mixture with a fork. To serve, divide among the serving plates and top with some of the spicy peanut sauce. Enjoy!
Did you like “Dutch Oven Chicken And Rice with Spicy Peanut Sauce”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2020-05-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API