Tip: Fresh or frozen cherries can be used for this recipe, but you’ll save time using frozen. Place frozen cherries in a large bowl and thaw at room temperature. Use the liquid in the bowl and reduce the amount of water to a one-quarter cup.
Prep time: 5 minutes (frozen cherries + time to thaw) or 20 minutes (fresh cherries)
Cream Cheese Spread with Warm Cherry Sauce
- 8 oz Block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cup Dark cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp Honey, preferably local
- 1/2 tsp Dried rosemary (or 1½ t. fresh leaves, finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped (Optional)
Serve with rice crackers (or other gluten-free crackers).
- Place a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add cherries, honey, rosemary, cinnamon, salt, and water. Stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the liquid is reduced by one half and a thick sauce develops approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the cream cheese on a serving platter and pour half the warm cherry sauce on top. Reserve the remaining sauce to top off the spread, as needed, or serve on the side. Top with chopped pecans and the finely chopped rosemary, if desired. Serve immediately with gluten-free crackers. Enjoy!
Did you like “Cream Cheese Spread with Warm Cherry Sauce”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.