Tip: The sausage releases liquid as it cooks, which affects the texture of the onions and their ability to brown. If preferred, the onions can be sautéed in a skillet while the sausage and potatoes roast.
Sheet Pan Chorizo with Spanish-Style Potatoes
- 1 Medium sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp Garlic powder, divided
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 lbs Chorizo sausage links
- 20 oz Fingerling potatoes, cut into equal bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
- Add onion, one tablespoon olive oil, and a half teaspoon of garlic powder to a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Place the sausage links onto the prepared baking sheet and spread the seasoned onions around them in a single layer without overcrowding. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes to the same bowl used for the onions and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Add the smoked paprika, tomato paste, and the remaining garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Arrange the seasoned potatoes onto the same baking sheet, making sure all ingredients are spread into a single layer without overcrowding. Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, turning the sausage, onions, and potatoes after 15 minutes. The potatoes should be fork-tender when done.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and transfer the roasted potatoes to a medium-sized bowl. Toss with fresh parsley to combine. Slice the sausage and serve immediately along with the roasted onions and Spanish-style potatoes. Enjoy!
Did you like “Sheet Pan Chorizo with Spanish-Style Potatoes”? We would greatly appreciate if you share it on your favorite social media channel.