Although this recipe was tested with mahi-mahi, the chili lime sauce would pair well with other types of white fish including halibut and snapper.
Chili Lime Mahi-Mahi Recipe with Blackened Broccoli
- 3 cup Broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Honey, preferably local
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes*
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 6 oz. mahi mahi fillets
*Use ¼ t. crushed red pepper flakes for less spicy results
- Place the broccoli florets in a microwave-safe bowl along with 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3minutes, or just until crisp-tender. (Cook time will vary by unit, so check after 2 minutes and adjust cook time accordingly. Do not overcook). Remove from microwave and transfer broccoli to a strainer to drain. Set aside.
- While the broccoli is in the microwave, whisk together the lime juice, cilantro, one-quarter cup olive oil, honey, red pepper flakes, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pat the mahi-mahi fillets dry with a paper towel and add to the hot skillet. Brush the tops and sides generously with the chili lime sauce while it cooks. After 4-5 minutes, carefully flip the fillets and brush the exposed surfaces with additional sauce.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes, or just until the fillets are cooked through. Remove from heat and transfer the mahi-mahi to a plate. Set aside.
- Toss the steamed broccoli with the remaining chili lime sauce and transfer to the skillet. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring frequently, until the broccoli is nicely browned and caramelized, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Return the mahi-mahi and its juices to the skillet. Remove from heat and serve immediately with the blackened broccoli. Enjoy!
Did you like “Chili Lime Mahi-Mahi Recipe with Blackened Broccoli”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.