Tip: For best results, heat the peanut butter in the microwave for 15-20 seconds before adding to the sauce. It is easier to blend when slightly warm.
Cashew Chicken Wraps
For less heat, use ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes instead
- 1 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 3 Large green onions, sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 1-2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Large head Bibb lettuce, separated, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1/2 cup Chopped cashews, lightly salted
- Whisk together the tamari, peanut butter, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add the cubed chicken breast and gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the white part of green onions and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion starts to develop some color, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the chicken and sauce into the skillet and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce starts to thicken approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and divide the chicken mixture between the Bibb lettuce leaves. Top each wrap with the sliced green onions and chopped cashews and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you like “Cashew Chicken Wraps Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.