Carbs/1 Cup Serving:
Total Carbs: 5.91g
Net Carbs: 3.61g
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer
This information is provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
Please Note: Nutritional information for this recipe is an approximation because some of the ingredients listed may not be included in the HappyForks.com ingredient database exactly as described here.
Equipment mentioned in this recipe:
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Instant Pot® Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 4-oz. can green chiles, undrained
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sugar-free tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Mexican-blend cheese, finely shredded (+additional for garnish)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (+ additional for garnish)
- 1 large avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 large lime, cut into wedges
- Place the chicken thighs, bell pepper, tomato, and green chiles in an Instant Pot® cooking container. Pour the chicken broth and tomato sauce on top and sprinkle with the chili powder, ground cumin, chipotle powder, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Add the lid and lock it into place. Flip the pressure valve to “Sealing” and select the “Manual” setting on high. Adjust the cooking time to 10 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before doing a quick release of any remaining steam.
- Remove the lid and carefully transfer the chicken thighs from the Instant Pot® to a plate. Shred the chicken with two forks and return to the pot. Add the Mexican cheese a little at a time to avoid clumping and then the cilantro. Stir until the cheese is completely melted.
- To serve, ladle the soup into individual serving bowls and garnish with some fresh cilantro, Mexican cheese, and chopped avocado. Serve immediately with lime wedges for squeezing, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Instant Pot® Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2021-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API