If you can’t find ready-made chicken cutlets in your local grocery store, butterfly and pound regular chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap with a rolling pin or meat mallet until ¼-inch thick.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Cheesy Gluten-Free Chicken Cutlets
*For this application, use regular olive oil instead of an extra virgin because it has a higher smoke point.
- Whisk the eggs together with the water until thoroughly combined and transfer to a shallow, wide bowl or pie pan. Set aside.
- Pulse the gluten-free breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in a food processor until fine. Transfer to a rimmed plate or pie pan and set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and then dredge each cutlet in the almond flour, then the egg mixture, and finally, the breadcrumbs. Be sure to shake off any excess almond flour and egg before moving to the next step. Press the chicken firmly into the breadcrumb mixture to ensure they are evenly coated on each side.
- When finished, transfer each cutlet to a wire rack for 5-10 minutes to "set up."
- Add one-half cup olive oil to a 12" cast iron skillet set over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add two of the cutlets once the oil starts to shimmer. Tip: For best results, don't do all 4 cutlets at the same time to prevent overcrowding. The excess steam from overcrowding will interfere with the browning process.
- Cook the chicken on one side until golden brown and crispy, approximately 4-5 minutes, before flipping. As soon as each breast is flipped, reduce heat to medium and cook on the second side for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and transfer the cutlets to a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking pan and gently remove excess oil with paper towels.
- Carefully drain used olive oil from the skillet and wipe excess with a paper towel. Add remaining olive oil to the skillet and repeat the process with the remaining chicken cutlets.
- Remove from heat and transfer the cutlets to the wire rack with the first batch. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve immediately with your choice of sides or over a mixed green salad. Enjoy!
Did you like “Cheesy Gluten-Free Chicken Cutlets Recipe? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2022-01-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API