Money-Saving Tip: Use a combination of chicken broth and water instead of all broth.
*This recipe was tested at 30 minutes active cook time. The rice is soft, but not overly mushy at this time setting. For firmer rice, reduce active time to 28 minutes.
Instant Pot® Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Large stalks celery, diced small
- 1 Large carrot, diced small
- 1 Small white onion, diced small
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz Baby Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 cup Wild rice blend, rinsed
- 1 lb Boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Whole bay leaves
- 6 cup Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select theSauté function. Set to medium and once hot, add celery, carrots, and onion.Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring continually, until the veggies start to soften approximately 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and dried thyme. Stir to combine and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms start to develop some color, approximately 3-4 minutes. Turn unit off.
- Add wild rice, chicken breast, bay leaves, and broth to Instant Pot®. Add lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the“Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 30 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Turn the unit off and carefully remove the lid.
- Transfer the chicken breast to a platter and shred with two forks. Return chicken to Instant Pot® and add fresh parsley. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and stir to combine before serving. Enjoy!
Did you like “Instant Pot® Chicken And Wild Rice Soup”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.