Tip: Avoid adding extra salt while preparing this dish because the sauce tends to be a bit salty (unless you use low sodium ingredients). For best results, taste and adjust seasonings, as needed, right before serving.
Total Carbs: 10.05g
Net Carbs: 7.45g
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer
This information is provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
Please Note: Nutritional information for this recipe is an approximation because some of the ingredients listed may not be included in the HappyForks.com ingredient database exactly as described here.
Special ingredient mentioned:
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Low Carb Chicken And Cabbage Stir Fry
Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 cup broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 12-oz. bag cauliflower rice, steamed
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce to a large skillet or wok and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and immediately reduce heat to just below medium. Simmer, stirring frequently, until the peanut butter is completely melted, and the sauce is reduced by one-half, approximately 5-6 minutes. Transfer sauce to a bowl and set aside.
- Carefully wipe skillet with a thick, damp cloth and add one tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat, stirring continually, until chicken develops some color and is nearly cooked through approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add ginger and continue cooking, stirring continually, for one additional minute. Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to the skillet or wok. Add cabbage, broccoli, and orange bell pepper and cook, stirring continually, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and develop some color, approximately 2-3minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and stir in the chopped cashews. Pour the reduced sauce on top and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes or just until heated through. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Serve immediately with steamed cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
Did you like “Low Carb Chicken And Cabbage Stir Fry”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2021-10-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API