Tip: Frozen cherries are much easier to use than fresh for this recipe. Place frozen cherries in a small strainer set over a large bowl to collect the liquid while thawing.
Reserve the liquid to use in smoothies, cocktails, or non-alcoholic beverages. For example, you can combine some of the cherry juice with club soda and some crushed mint for a refreshing spritzer.
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Warm Black Cherry Crisp
- 4 1/2 cup frozen black cherries, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup honey, preferably local
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey, preferably local
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil (or olive oil)
Optional, to Serve: Greek yogurt, homemade whipped cream, or sugar-free ice cream. Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine thawed chopped cherries, honey, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and thyme leaves in a bowl. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until oats are thoroughly coated and all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Lightly grease the four 9-oz. oval cast iron baking dishes (or the 10” cast iron skillet) with coconut oil.
- Divide the cherry mixture equally among the castiron mini-servers and spread it into an even layer. Divide the topping between the4 mini-servers, as well, and spread into a thin layer on top.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5-10minutes before serving plain or topped with some Greek yogurt, whipped cream, and/or sugar-free ice cream. Garnish with a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Warm Black Cherry Crisp Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2021-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API