Instant Pot® Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Medium white onion, finely diced
- 1 lbs Ground sirloin
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Red potatoes, chopped small
- 3 cup Beef broth, preferably organic, divided
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 4 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® inner cooking pot and select the “Sauté’ function. Use the “Adjust” button to select the “Normal”(medium) setting.
- Once hot, add the diced onion and ground sirloin. Add the Italian seasoning and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion develops some color and the beef is mostly browned approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Push the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button and add the red potatoes and beef broth. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to“Sealing” and select the “Manual” setting on “High.” Adjust cook time to 3minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam before carefully removing the lid.
- To prevent curdling, temper the heavy cream by adding 2-3 tablespoons of the hot liquid from inside the Instant Pot® to it before adding it to the container. Stir to combine.
- Add the cheddar cheese, one cup at a time, and stir until completely melted. Serve immediately with some freshly chopped parsley and a sprinkle of smoked paprika for garnish, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Instant Pot® Cheeseburger Soup Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Be the first to comment