The green sauce used in this recipe is similar to the popular Argentinian chimichurri sauce. However, in this case, the ingredients are blended until smooth rather than coarsely chopped.
For a more traditional chimichurri sauce, briefly pulse the ingredients until just combined or finely chop them by hand for a less homogenous, but equally delicious, result.
Note: The total cook time for this recipe will vary depending on a number of factors, including the internal starting temperature and thickness of the steaks, and the desired final cooking temperature.
For best results, remove the steaks from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking and use an No products found. to determine the level of doneness while cooking. As a rule of thumb, remove the steaks from heat when they are approximately 5 degrees below the desired final temperature.
Here is a handy temperature chart for beef to use as a guideline:
Cast Iron Ribeye with Green Sauce
- 2/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 cup Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup Fresh cilantro
- 2-3 Large cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Large organic lemon, washed and sliced*
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Rib eye steaks (approximately 16 oz.)
*Or use 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. If using organic lemons, you can leave the rind on the lemon before processing in a high-powered blender. If not, remove the rind completely prior to using.
- Combine ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, parsley, cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon, and ground cumin in a high-speed blender or food processor. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Set aside.
- Cook steaks over medium heat for approximately 4-5 minutes before turning. Continue cooking for another 4-8 minutes, depending on how well you’d like the steaks done. Check the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer after 4 minutes to determine final cooking time.
- Remove from heat and allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving with a drizzle of the green sauce and your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Did you like “Cast Iron Ribeye with Green Sauce”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2023-10-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API