Tip: Actual cook time will vary depending on how thick and evenly the cabbage is sliced and the amount of moisture in the cabbage slices. For best results, check after 30 minutes and adjust the final cook time accordingly.
Total Carbs: 10.29g
Net Carbs: 8.09g
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer
This information is provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
Please Note: Nutritional information for this recipe is an approximation because some of the ingredients listed are not included in the HappyForks.com ingredient database exactly as described here.
Loaded Cabbage Steaks
Cabbage Steak Ingredients:
- 1 large head green cabbage, cut into 6 evenly thick slices
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp sugar-free mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce*
- 1/2 small shallot, very finely minced
- 2 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
*Worcestershire sauce contains a small amount of sugar. Omit if avoiding sugar completely.
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
- Cut the stem off the cabbage head to create a flat surface on the bottom. Carefully slice the cabbage, top to bottom, into ½-inch sections.
- Transfer the sliced cabbage to the prepared baking sheet without overcrowding. Lightly brush the cabbage with olive oil and sprinkle it with garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for 40-45 minutes, rotating the sheet once halfway through, or until the cabbage is nicely browned and crispy on the edges.
- Once the cabbage is in the oven, prepare the dressing by combining the sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce (if using), shallot, blue cheese, and heavy cream in a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and cool for several minutes. Drizzle each cabbage steak with some of the blue cheese dressing and top with the crumbled bacon and blue cheese. Garnish with the fresh parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you like “Loaded Cabbage Steaks Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.