Slow Cooker Southwestern Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Non-stick cooking spray (or melted butter or coconut oil)
- 16 oz Mild bulk sausage (no casings)
- 1 20-oz. bag hash browns, shredded
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 8 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack (or other mild white) cheese, finely shredded
Optional Garnish: Chopped green onions, red pepper, fresh cilantro, and/or additional shredded cheese
- 1. Spray a 6-quart or larger slow cooker crock with non-stick cooking spray (or grease with melted butter or coconut oil).
- 2. Cook sausage in a large skillet until nicely browned, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from the skillet. Set aside.
- 3. Spread hash browns in an even layer across the bottom of the slow cooker crock. Add the browned sausage and sprinkle the ground cumin and garlic powder on top.
- 4. Add the chopped red pepper and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- 5. Whisk the eggs and water together in a large bowl and pour evenly across the top of the other ingredients before topping with the shredded cheese.
- 6. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve immediately topped with green onion, red pepper, fresh cilantro, and/or additional shredded cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Slow Cooker Southwestern Breakfast Casserole Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.