Tex-Mex Chicken & Black Bean Soup Recipe
Tex-MexSeasoning Mix Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Chili powder
- 2 tbsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2-3 Large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 Medium white onion, diced
- 1 Medium red bell pepper, diced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 14-oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilies, with liquid
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Whole bay leaves
- 3 1/2 cup Chicken broth, preferably organic
- 1 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Sweet corn kernels
- 3 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 Large avocado, diced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Large lime, cut into wedges
- To prepare the Tex-Mex seasoning mix, combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and stir to combine. Transfer to an airtight storage container and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- Add olive oil, garlic, onion, and red bell pepper to a large, high-sided skillet set over medium heat. Sprinkle two tablespoons of the Tex-Mex seasoning mix on top and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender and start to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, bay leaves, and chicken broth and stir to combine. Nestle the chicken breasts into the skillet so they are completely submerged in the liquid.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a rapid boil, then immediately reduce heat to just below medium. Cover skillet loosely with a lid and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily with two forks.
- Stir in corn and fresh lime juice and simmer until heated through approximately 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and discard bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and serve immediately topped with diced avocado, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges for squeezing. Enjoy!
Did you like “Tex-Mex Chicken and Black Bean Soup Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.