If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best water filter taps are, then I’d recommend the Waterdrop as the best one.
We all want to drink water that is as fresh and clean as possible, but that is difficult these days with the odor and taste you get with tap water. You probably have had to put up with these, but the good news is that you don’t have to anymore with the faucet water filter.
At a very minimal cost, you can install the best faucet filter onto your taps to help get rid of the contaminants. This way, it begins its filtering the moment the tap is opened, resulting in purified water. They’re not just cheap but easy to install as well and need low maintenance effort.
Top 5 Best Faucet Water Filters
How Faucet Water Filters Works
No matter the type of faucet filter you end up with, the way they work is the same. Generally, they use different layers with the singular aim of removing as many contaminants in your water source as they can; and fast of course. Here’s a breakdown of the basic setup of the filtration process:
1. Removal of Sediments
When the faucet is turned on and the water is made to run/flow, the first contact the water makes is with a screen made from a non-woven mesh. This screen is wrapped around the cartridge and is to function as a blockade to the larger and very obvious contaminants. This can range from rust particles, debris, dirt, and sand.
The next layer the water comes in contact with is the activated carbon block. Most activated carbon these days come with additional treatment for specific results. This layer features a porous surface, which in turn features nooks and crannies.
As the water gets through the block, it undergoes what is known as adsorption. This is where the leftover contaminants are trapped in crannies of the carbon block. As this happens, the water is said to be less contaminated.
3. Removal of Chemical
After the crannies in the activated carbon are done, another level of de-contamination is triggered. This next step of the filtration process is to reduce the level of chemical contaminations such as heavy metals.
There is every possibility that chemicals such as nitrite or nitrates, mercury, and lead. This is the stage where this form of contamination is dealt with, after which your water is considered suitable for drinking.
Factors To Consider When Choosing A Water Faucet Filter
With the many types of faucet filters available in the market today, it is important that some thought is put into consideration when choosing your water faucet filter. This way, you can be sure you’re purchasing a filter that you will be happy with at the end of the day.
Some of the factors to look forward to includes:
1. Filter Cartridges
This, of course, is probably the most important component of the best faucet water filter. The filter cartridges are obviously responsible for removing the contaminants from your drinking water.
They come in varying capacities ranging from 100 to 300 gallons and more. This tells of their lifespan and requires changing either periodically or as will be notified by the filter change sensor. The larger the capacity, the longer the filter will last before needing any replacement.
As much as faucet water filters usually come in roughly the same size, some models come in a slightly larger size than others. The size of the filter is a function of the size of the water cartridge. If the cartridge is large, the filter will be large as well.
Also, as much as the size is not of much significance and does not impact the efficiency of the filter and how it works, how much room your sink space can accommodate is.
You don’t want your kitchen space or sink to be tightly packed, thus making it difficult and inconvenient to maneuver the dirty plates around it. As a rule of thumb, the smaller your sink space, the smaller the filter size and vice versa.
3. Ease of Installation
A faucet water filter is generally easy to install, anything otherwise should be avoided. You definitely don’t want to spend unnecessary hours to install something as simple as this unit.
Also, it is not something that you want to have to pay someone to install for you. Most of them do not need any tools for installation. Even if they do, they should come with everything that you need in the pack, and possibly instructions can be very helpful when needed.
4. Build Quality
You don’t want to buy a filter only to end up cracking and leaking after a few months. The quality of the material used in its manufacture goes a long way to influence this. The material also impacts the taste and its quality and purity.
A material such as stainless steel ensures your filter is very durable. Another good material to consider is plastic, as long as it is BPA-free.
It is said that you don’t judge a book by its cover. That saying is also very applicable to faucet filters. For this reason, some people consider this an unimportant factor in their purchase decision. As much as the finishing of this unit does not impact on how efficient it is, it is worth considering during purchase.
Different water comes in different finishes, and so you want to for one that matches the fixtures in your space. My personal recommendation when it comes to your choice of the right finish, avoid going for the white plastic finish.
Best Faucet Water Filters Reviews
- NSF certifications: Tested and certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI standard 42 for the reduction of chlorine, taste and odor, and to NSF/ANSI 372 for lead-free material. Provides you with safer and healthier water.
- Long-lasting filter life: Each faucet filter provides 320 gallons of cleaner water, or 3 months of typical use - that’s 2x longer than most faucet filters. 3-pack replacement filters are available for purchase! (Search "WD-FF-01A")
- Lead & fluoride removal: The innovative ACF material features great and fast filtration. You will fill up 4 water bottles (16.9 oz for each) in 1 minute. Upgraded filtration technology to remove lead, fluoride and other contaminants, offering safer and refreshing water for you and your family.
- Convenient usage: The design of a simple switch between quality filtered water and regular tap water helps prolong the service life of the filter. The filtered water faucet adopts leak-proof technology and can be attached to your faucet very easily with the various adapters included.
- Important note: Works with standard faucets. Does not fit pull-out, hand-held, spray style faucets or faucets with sensor. Please verify if our product suits your faucet before purchase per the detailed instructions in product pictures.
If you are looking for efficiency, this is one filtration system you want to consider, the Waterdrop 320-Gallon Long-Lasting Water Faucet Filtration System.
This is one tap mount filter I can consider an eye candy, with its seamless and sleek housing design. It has a very impressive capacity; and as a matter of fact, one of the highest when it comes to faucet mount filters. A single cartridge takes care of as much as 320 gallons of water before a change. This also means you no longer to filter more frequently.
Even with this much capacity, its filtration process is interestingly very fast, making your filtered water available in no time. It comes in a design where this cartridge is featured between the filter leverage and the filter cartridge. The implication of this is that pressure on the cartridge is minimized when leverage is turned on, thereby improving the stability of the set.
One characteristic that stands this set out is the durability it brings to the table of best faucet filters. It is easy to install and comes equipped with a simple switch lever and as such switching to regular tap water when necessary is a breeze.
|It is reliable and durable||It fits only standard faucets|
|It is a decent water flow||It has no adapters|
|It features detailed filtration process|
|It features an extended filter lifespan|
|It is easy to install|
|It is easy to use|
- Provide your family with visibly clean, great-tasting water for drinking, cooking and more
- FEATURES: Reduces azine, chlorine, lindane, lead, particulates class I, turbidity while removing bad taste/odor; Carbon block filtration method; Flow rate of 0.5 gpm at 60 psi; 30-100 psi pressure range; 40-100°F temp range; Easy installation with no tools
- COMPATIBILITY: Includes adapters for all standard sink nozzles (does NOT fit drop-down faucets)
- FILTER LIFE: Up to 2 months or 200 gallons, depending on usage and water conditions
- CERTIFICATION: Tested and certified by IAPMO against ANSI Standard 42 and 53
The Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter Is one trusted brand in the water treatment industry, as they are known to produce some of the most effective faucet water filters. Little wonder why they are certified by the NSF.
This unit is constructed with light plastic and features a sleek chrome finish. It features 2 connectors, and then easily matches with a wide range of standard taps. It takes little to no time to install with minimal effort and no tools needed. It also comes with adapters that allow it to fits a wide variety of faucets – whether the standard or not.
Its filtration cartridge is averagely sized processing as much as 200 gallons of water before thinking of a replacement. That is talking about a period of 2 to 5 months, depending on your consumption of filtered water. In a case where you only filter water for drinking, it could last as much as a year.
It also features a simple diverter tab that allows you to easily switch between regular tap water to advanced quality filtered water when needed for your cooking and/or drinking. Since this model does not come with any indicators to tell you when to replace the filter, by default, replacement should be done every three months.
|Its installation is easy and fast||It does not come with indicators|
|Its flow rate is suitable|
|It allows for easy replacement|
|It is certified by the ANSI and NSF|
|It comes in an efficient design|
- FAUCET WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM – Enjoy cleaner, filtered water from your faucet with the PUR Faucet Mount Filter System. .It’s easy to attach and includes a MineralClear filter that filters water over natural minerals for a crisp, refreshing taste.
- REDUCES LEAD AND 70+ CONTAMINANTS – This PUR drinking water faucet filtration system is certified to reduce over 70 contaminants, including lead, mercury and certain pesticides. PUR Faucet Filtration systems reduce more contaminants than any other brand.*
- EASY ONE CLICK ATTACHMENT – The faucet mounted water filter is easy to attach, and no tools are required. Compatible with most faucets, but will not work with pull-out or hand-held faucets.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE – Genuine PUR Faucet mount water filters are certified to reduce lead and other harmful contaminants from your water. Compatible water filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same water quality.
- #1 SELLING BRAND IN FAUCET FILTRATION** – Contaminants can enter your water system daily, so filtering your water is important. PUR has been developing innovative technologies for superior water filtration for over 30 years.
The PUR FM-3700 Advanced Faucet Water Filter is one filtration system I know that plays its game well when it comes to producing cleansed, clear and odorless water suitable for cooking, drinking, dishwashing, teeth brushing and pretty much anything else.
It comes in a well-built design that makes it last far longer than a lot of other filters you will find on the market. This way, you get to save long-term. More than getting you water filtered and purified for use, this is one model with a stylish housing that adds to your house or kitchen décor. It comes in a vertical design and as such takes less space over the sink. This way, you avoid any chance of clunking in the event of washing a large pot.
Its size and weight are decent enough as it doesn’t put a strain on your faucet; still, it is still able to handle an averagely high water volume and pressure.
It also allows for easy attachment to the faucet. This is a handy feature for faucets with an internal thread. It is reliable and compatible with any sink tap. It features an indicator that alerts you when there is a need to change the filter. It also features a swivel spray that allows for adjusting the water where you so desire.
|It is NSF certified||It has a small filter capacity|
|It removes 99% lead||It is prone to leaking|
|It is an easy setup|
|It has a filter life indicator|
|It is space-saving|
- Purr, chrome, horizontal faucet mount, with LED indicator, 3 stage filtering system, uses replacement cartridge rf-9999, TV #744-110
- Adds Extra shine to your product
- Manufactured in China
- Our ULTIMATE in FILTRATION and a CRISP, REFRESHING TASTE
- Easy One-Click Installation
Looking for an easier or reliable way to get PUR water, look no further. The PUR 3-Stage Horizontal Water Filtration Faucet Mount water filter gives an easier or more reliable way to get PUR water.
For the ultimate filtration and a refreshing, crisp taste, one product you should consider is PUR 3-Stage Horizontal Water Filtration Faucet Mount water filter. This faucet filtration model goes ahead to filter pharmaceutical and microbiological contaminants such as bacteria, ibuprofen, and herbicides. This is an improved PUR faucet water filter next generation.
To keep track of your filter life is its built-in filter life indicator. No need for guesswork any more to know when your unit is up for replacement.
With the combination of activated carbon and ion exchange filters, this faucet filter model is able to eliminate a whole lot of contaminants. It features a one-click installation technology that all it requires is holding down a few buttons on the side of the unit, and pressing it up to your faucet, and immediately gets to mount tight and nice.
It features limited compatibility with faucets; for instance, it doesn’t work with handheld and pull out faucet. It comes with the option of conveniently processing as much as a hundred gallons. With a flip of a switch, you can enjoy between filtered and unfiltered filter.
|It is easy to use||It has limited compatibility with faucet types|
|It is easy to install|
|It is NSF certified|
|It has a filter indicator|
|It allows for easy replacement|
- Easy-to-read electronic display shows how many gallons faucet water filter has cleaned; helps measure filter life
- Ultra performance filtration improves; taste, odor, and clarity of your water
- Includes filter which reduces sediment, chlorine, cycts, lindane, benzene, asbestos, mercury and lead
- Antimicrobial product protection built-in to cartridge housing and media for improved filter life
- Installs in minutes with the use of pliers, Includes two metal faucet adapters
One faucet water filter that promises to provide great-tasting, healthier water by removing the contaminants that come from the tap, so you and your whole family can enjoy is the DuPont Deluxe Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter.
It comes in an aesthetically pleasing design, which gives it a modern and clean appearance. Behind its aesthetics and robust charm is its efficiency in reducing sediment, cysts, chlorine, benzene, lindane, lead, mercury, and asbestos. It also improves the taste, odor, and clarity of your water.
Like every best faucet water filter, it comes with a lever that you get to turn to switch between filtered to unfiltered water. This lever usually requires a dry hand to easily operate. It is equipped with a system that features a cartridge housing with built-in antimicrobial product protection. This helps to improve performance and filter life.
A very obvious and unique feature of this 200-gallon filter is its fancy electronic display to show you the measure of gallons of water that has been filtered and so, the life of the filter. The DuPont Deluxe Faucet Mount Drinking Water Filter comes at a very fair cost, very easy to set up and fits a wide variety of faucet.
|It is aesthetically pleasing||Its LCD reading is not reliable|
|It is very easy to set up|
|It comes in a nice finishing|
|It features a fancy LCD display|
|Its filter life is long-lasting|
Final Words On Best Faucet Water Filters
Having reached the end of this post, I hope this information has been helpful in helping you choose the faucet filter that will be right for you.
Faucet water filters are no doubt a great way to bring technology and design to your tap. All five of the above list of best faucet water filters produce great tasting and clean water. They sure do a great job of taking care of the problems that are associated with city water. Your decision at the end of the day is a matter of personal preference.
But, my top pick will go to Waterdrop as the best one. One obvious reason is that it reduces many contaminants compared to other brands. They are easy to set up and very convenient in operation. They have one of the largest cartridge capacity you will find in the market. Plus, their filtration process is one of the fastest and most efficient. They are very durable and feature an extended lifespan.
Last update on 2020-07-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API