If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what is the Best Egg Poachers are, then I’d recommend the Dash Rapid Egg Cooker as the best one.
I was making breakfast for myself when my friend came to visit me. That Saturday morning, the menu was toast and poached eggs.
“What is that you are making?” my friend asked as I prepared breakfast. “Poached eggs”, I replied with laughter. She made a face, stuck out her tongue at me and laughed.
Top 5 Best Egg Poachers
What Are Poached Eggs?
Poached eggs are eggs that are cooked by cracking eggs inside slightly hot water, not simmering or boiling the liquid. Many cooks consider this process as Steaming, not boiling (due to the temperature of the water used to prepare poached eggs).
Be careful not to whisk the eggs (i.e. mix the egg yolk and egg white together) as poached eggs are best prepared without being whisked.
Poaching eggs have to be done in a gentle manner, or you risk making the egg white crusty. Sometimes, adding a little vinegar to the water makes the poaching easier.
Eggs are protein-rich foods that contain a lot of vitamins and nutrients that benefit the body and brain. Poached Eggs can be eaten alone or used with salads, toasts, oats, and twist and spices. A classic recipe using Poached Eggs is Eggs Benedict.
Eggs Benedict (called “Eggs Benny”) is an American Breakfast that consists of two halves of an English muffin topped with a poached egg, bacon/ham, hollandaise sauce and sometimes spices (like Paprika).
To make a classic Eggs Benedict, you can check out this recipe on Food Network.
Benefits of Poached Eggs
Eggs have a lot of benefits but poached eggs have a lot more benefits, in addition, some of which include;
1. Poached eggs are lower in calories and fat compared to others. The direct method of cooking in water also adds to the fat reducing properties of poaching eggs. All the calories you would be eating would come from the poached eggs, not from the fat or oil used to prepare the eggs if you were to use another method.
2. Poached eggs are high in protein. The high protein content in poached eggs is easily absorbed by the body. Making you healthier and more satisfied than consuming carbohydrates. Poached eggs are also rich in antioxidants.
3. The temperature used in preparing poached eggs is mild enough to get all the nutrients in the eggs. Cooking in high temperatures can produce toxins that can cause illnesses in the body (e.g. inflammation) and even heart diseases.
4. Poached eggs are a great option for weight loss and healthy living.
How To Make Poached Eggs
For you to make really good poached eggs, ensure that you use fresh eggs. Fresh eggs have a thicker egg white near the egg yolk.
1. Break the eggs gently into a bowl or saucer. Be careful not to break the yolk, as this will defeat the purpose of making Poached Eggs.
2. Put water into a pot, and make sure the amount of water in the pot is enough to cover a whole egg. As the water begins to simmer, stir the water gently to create a twirl in the water. Note that the water should not boil.
3) Gently slide the eggs into the middle of the swirling water and leave it for three to four minutes averagely. You will know the egg is poached when the egg white is set, but the yolk is quite runny.
4. Remove the eggs with a wide, flat spoon and place them on a kitchen towel to drain.
Some other tips you can use includes:
1. Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the water. This helps the egg white to set some more.
2. Do not add salt to the water. Adding salt to the water makes the egg break up, and the poached eggs will be ruined.
An easier way to make poached eggs without stress and at a quicker pace is to use an Egg Poacher.
An egg poacher is simply a pan that has a few individual cups for the eggs to rest in. it contains a lid and is used as a steamer, with water beneath and the lid covering the steamer to make poached eggs.
Egg poachers come with instructions on how much water you can fill in the pan to use for poaching. Egg poachers also come in silicone as well.
Tips To Look Out For When Choosing An Egg Poacher
1. Materials used in making the egg poacher
Most egg poachers are made using Stainless Steel. Others are made of Aluminum (anodized Aluminum) and even Silicone. Each material has its own advantages, for example, Stainless Steel poachers are easy to clean and are quite durable.
Aluminum is more durable than Stainless Steel and has a non-stick surface. Stainless Steel poachers can be used with induction stoves.
Silicone poachers help you achieve a more perfect shape, whereas the other poachers give a rounder, circular shape.
This should even come first before anything else, as it is your budget that helps you choose certain products. Some poachers are more expensive than others, and this should be considered as well.
When I say Capacity, I am referring to the number of eggs a poacher can make at a time. Some poachers have up to 6 cups, while some others have just 2 or 3 cups. You might, therefore, want to consider the capacity of a poacher depending on if you want to use it for family use or for single use.
Also, to the other things you consider, some poachers can be used for more than poaching eggs. The non-stick properties, as well as the easy-to-use feature of some poachers, also add to its versatility.
I have compiled a list of 5 products that you might want to look out for when purchasing your egg poacher.
Best Egg Poachers Reviews
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is the ORIGINAL (and most trusted) egg cooker on the market, for perfect eggs, your way, EVERY TIME, we guarantee it!
- QUICK + EASY: Short on time? Simply choose your preferred eggs and set the timer. The auto-shut off function prevents overcooking, and the buzzer will alert you when your eggs are ready. Its so simple, even your kids can use it. Power : 360 Watts.Material Plastic, Metal
- VERSATILE: This is the PERFECT appliance for picky eaters, large families, or those who have busy schedules. Hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, individual omelets, and all within minutes of the push start button - it couldn’t be easier!
- COMPACT + LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing 1lb, the Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is your MUST-HAVE for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm life, or camper/RV traveling. Plus, its sleek design and trendy color options will accent any kitchen space (bonus all included accessories fit inside, taking up even LESS space). Boils up to 6 eggs at a time, poaches up to 2 eggs with its separate poaching tray or makes an omelet.Cord length: 33
- INCLUDES: Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty and includes a poaching tray, omelet tray, 6 egg holder tray, measuring cup, recipe book and recipe database access (all non-electric parts are dishwasher safe)
This product is made of stainless steel and is lightweight. It is electrically powered, with a power of 360 Watts. It is considered as very easy to clean, and a great feature of this product is its versatility, in addition to its capacity.
This egg cooker can take up to 6 eggs, and can also be used to make Hard-boiled eggs, Scrambled eggs, Omelets, and Soft boiled eggs.
|It is lightweight and comes in great shape and handy size. It weighs 1lb and takes up less space, so it is a great choice for campus life or even traveling||The buzzer is quite loud, and you might want to consider this when purchasing this product|
|It is an automated device that comes with an “auto shut off” feature that prevents overcooking and also includes a buzzer that alerts you when the eggs are cooked|
|A great point to note is that this product comes with a poaching tray, omelet tray, 6 egg holder tray, measuring cup, recipe book and recipe database access (all non-electric parts are dishwasher safe) and even a 1-year manufacturing warranty|
- NEW & IMPROVED LARGER 75ml CUPS WITH PFOA FREE NON-STICK COATING that is double coated using a nonstick coating from the USA. From Eggs Benedict to Eggs Sardou Hard boiled eggs without the shell, Eggbits, the easy-to-use Deluxe Egg Poacher Pan lets you prepare up to 6 XL, perfectly poached eggs, so you can start your day the right way and enjoy a delicious, healthy breakfast without any hassle
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL AND PERFORMANCE – Unlike the delicate poacher pans on the market, this deluxe pan boasts a sturdy, heavy stainless steel body that is suitable for use with all stove types, including induction. Premium 3-PLY aluminum ENCAPSULATED bottom eliminates hot spots and provides fast, even heat distribution to ensure your eggs are always cooked evenly, so you never have to worry about over- or under-cooking your eggs.
- SAFE AND EASY TO USE- This deluxe poacher pan features a QUICK-COOL BAKELITE KNOB on the cups that makes it easier to handle than other brands. Upgraded, EXTRA THICK, TEMPERED GLASS LID with Bakelite knob offers a secure, safe fit and lets you monitor your eggs during cooking while the innovative steam vent locks in the proper amount of moisture, so your eggs are always cooked perfectly and taste even better.
- HIGH-QUALITY POACHING CUPS AND CLEAN UP- Most poacher pans feature either plastic insert cups that are susceptible to melting and dont cook the eggs well or aluminum cups that don’t function as well. This egg cooker features convenient nonstick cooking surfaces that are polished stainless steel and individual insert cups that can be easily removed, cleaned quickly, or put into the dishwasher, so you can get on with your day and not spend unwanted time cleaning up.
- MORE VERSATILTY AND STYLE FOR YOUR STOVETOP- Simply remove the insert with the individual poached egg cups, and use this egg poacher as a sauté pan to prepare other home cooked meals. With a sleek, polished look and an elegant satin line, you'll not only have a more practical cooking vessel but also an added touch of style for your stovetop.
This product has 4 large 75ml poaching cups and is made with environmentally friendly products-PFOA free (Perfluorooctanoic Acid-free) (has been certified by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as “Food Grade Safe”) and stainless steel.
This makes it very easy to clean, and has other great features e.g. each cup has a ‘quick cool-bakelite’ knob for easy handling and the lid is made of extra-tempered glass with a bakelite knob as well.
The versatility of this product shows in its design, as the poaching pan can be removed and the sauté pan used to make other dishes.
|The pan is easy to clean and has knobs on each cup for easy handling||No con yet to mention, just that you should not be overconfident about the knobs of the cups. As you might need to use a napkin to hold the cups when it gets too warm|
|The non-stick feature of the pan makes it easier for the eggs to be poached|
|The pan can be used for cooking other foods apart from poached eggs|
|The pan is compatible with an induction stove|
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Your 100% satisfaction is our top priority, we guarantee it! We are so sure you will love your egg cooker that we are offering a lifetime warranty ~ we have the ONLY lifetime warranty on the market!
- SEVEN EGG CAPACITY: Cook up to 7 eggs in soft, medium, or hard boiled firmness, while saving time and water. Eggs come out consistently perfect, shell is easy to peel, and clean up is super easy!
- EASE OF USE: Fill measuring cup with water to desired doneness, press the power button once and within minutes your eggs will be "Egg-Celent!" Fun and simple to use for family members of all ages! The built-in timer, buzzer and auto-shut off gets it right everytime! Faster than conventional stovetop methods!
- VERSATILITY: Whether pairing with avocado toast or preparing deviled eggs for a potluck, the Elite Cuisine Easy Egg Cooker is an all-in-one egg boiler, scrambler, omelet/veggie steamer, and more!
- COMPACT SPACE-SAVING DESIGN: Perfect as a back to school gift for dorms, apartments, RV campers, camping, etc. Small and lightweight, it easily fits into drawers for storage or just leave out on the counter as a fun and colorful accent to any home kitchen.
This is another versatile product made of Stainless Steel and Plastic. The electrical capacity of this product is 360 Watts/120V. It has an auto-off button that shuts off current with a buzzer alarm.
This egg poacher has a 7-egg capacity that helps you save time and water, with a measuring cup that tells you how much water you should use in cooking your eggs.
It also has an instruction manual that contains up to 16 recipes! How cool is that?
|The removable parts of this product (7-Egg Tray, 2-Egg Poaching Tray, Omelet Tray, Measuring cup with firmness markings, Clear Lid) are all dishwasher safe||The buzzer has a screeching sound, which can make people not used to high sounds and pets uncomfortable|
|It has a built-in timer, auto-buzzer and auto shut-off mechanism that helps your eggs come out perfect|
|This product has a lifetime warranty, said to be the only egg poacher with a lifetime warranty on the market|
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Dash Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker is based off the ORIGINAL (and most trusted) egg cooker on the market, for perfect eggs, your way, EVERY TIME, we guarantee it! Now with TWICE the egg cooking capacity!
- QUICK + EASY: Short on time? Simply choose your preferred eggs (or steamed food) and set the timer. The auto-shut off function prevents overcooking, and the buzzer will alert you when your eggs (or steamed foods) are ready. Its so simple, even your kids can use it
- VERSATILE: This is the PERFECT appliance for picky eaters, large families, or those who have busy schedules. Hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, and individual omelets, all within minutes of the push start button - it couldn’t be easier! Power - 500 Watts
- 2 IN 1: Alleviate appliance clutter with the Dash Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker. Steam vegetables, dumplings, seafood, warm tortillas, and more! Making full meals is a snap with the double decker tiers - the options are endless! Plus, its sleek design and trendy color options will accent any kitchen space
- INCLUDES: Dash Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker is backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty and includes a poaching tray, omelet bowl, egg holder trays, measuring cup, recipe book and recipe database access (all non-electric parts are dishwasher safe)
So you are looking for the definition of “Christmas in an Egg Poacher” in terms of capacity? This product right here is it!
This is a very versatile product, having a 12-egg capacity that makes it possible to be used also with seafood, vegetables, dumplings, tortillas, etc.
This product also comes in a variety of colors for you to choose from. It has an auto shut-off feature as well as a buzzer and despite its capacity, it does not take up much space as expected. The power capacity of this product is 500 Watts.
|This product is very versatile as it can help you cook a variety of foods||The buzzer sound is quite loud, but the power button silences the buzzer|
|The egg capacity of this product gives it a 2-in-1 advantage as you can use it to cook up to 12 eggs|
|This product comes with a 1-year warranty|
- Constructed in stainless steel for durability
- Stay cool handle
- Easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- Nonstick coated egg cups for easy extraction of eggs
This egg poacher is made of 18/10 Stainless Steel, with an encapsulated base for even heat distribution. It has an extra tempered glass lid with vents for easy monitoring and a long handle for convenience.
This product is coated in silver and the heat-conducting capacity of this product makes it suitable for use with electric stoves and gas. The product also has a detachable egg poacher frame that allows the pan to be used in making other dishes. This product has a 6-egg capacity.
|It has a beautiful silver design and is very ornamental||It is not compatible with induction stoves|
|Egg poacher frame is easy to use and clean||Some customers had issues with the quality of this product|
|The product is very versatile, as the detachable poacher frame makes the pan easily used for other dishes|
Final Words On Best Egg Poachers
I know you would want to know the pick of this category. The tricky thing about egg poachers and the products I reviewed is that there is no clear cut “winner” in this category.
But, if you want to choose a product based on Budget, I would recommend the Dash Rapid Egg Cooker.
If you want to choose based on Capacity, I would recommend the Dash DEC012BK Deluxe.
If you want to choose based on Versatility, I would strongly recommend the Eggssentials Poached Egg Maker .
The deal here, however, is to choose the product that works for you based on the top feature of your priority, and have fun while making what is believed to be an enjoyable snack with a lot of twists!
Did you like “Best Egg Poachers”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2020-07-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API