If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the Best Candy Thermometers are, then I’d recommend the Habor 022 as the best one.
I know you are as surprised as I am, right? I can imagine! I was astonished when I found out that there is such an appliance called a Candy Thermometer.
I had been trying to make the perfect candy and it kept coming out in forms I did not want, either too thread-like or hard. I realized it was probably because of the temperature at which I melted the chocolate, but how would I know the exact temperature to make the candy I wanted?
Then I went shopping online and found out that there is such a thing as a Candy Thermometer.
Top 5 Best Digital Candy Thermometer (and Manual Type)
Things To Look Out For When Buying A Candy Thermometer
A Candy Thermometer is an appliance used to measure the temperature of melted chocolate or caramel used to make candy. It has different markings that correspond to certain temperatures.
Most appliances are marked ‘Thread-like’ (for temperatures between 223-235 degrees Fahrenheit), ‘Soft’ (for temperatures between 234- 241 degrees Fahrenheit), and ‘Hard’ (for temperatures between 250-320 degrees Fahrenheit).
When you want to buy a Candy Thermometer, there are some features you might want to look for. These features include:
When I say Operation, I mean that you should check whether it is a Manual or Digital thermometer. Digital thermometers use batteries and also have indicators at certain temperatures, whereas manual thermometers do not need batteries.
If you have to make a large batch of candy, you might want to use a manual thermometer to avoid the thermometer running down of the battery.
There are thermometers that have more than one purpose. They can be used for candy, for frying, and cooking. You might want to consider when buying a candy thermometer.
You might want to choose a thermometer that can read higher temperatures than is necessary for making candy, so as to be able to read temperature and temperature changes accurately. You also want to choose a thermometer that has a clear screen with which you can see the temperature readings.
Now that you have all these in mind, I will like to give a review on some popular Candy Thermometer.
Best Rated Candy Thermometers Reviews
- INSTANT READ & ACCURATE: 4-6 seconds ultra fast response time with accuracy of ±1℃, takes out the guesswork and eliminate overdone or undercooked food, ensuring you get the best flavour.
- SUPER LONG PROBE: No more Hands' Burning, This 4. 7"(Probe) digital meat thermometer can detect the core temp of meat; perfect for huge turkey, chicken, bread making, jam making, chocolate making, barbecue, hot water, hot milk, and even bath water.
- EASY TO USE: Simply insert probe into your food or liquid and get the temp; this kitchen meat thermometer with protective sheath is easy to carry or store; 10 minutes auto-shut off function Extends your battery life (Battery included; please remove the battery insulation film before the first use).
- IMPORTANT NOTES: The temp Range is -58℉ to 572℉, in order to extend service life of the food thermometer, please remove the thermometer when you finish reading temp. 【Never leave this food temperature probe in high temp environment such as closed oven, frying pan, grill and etc.】
- RETAIL PACKAGE: 1×user Manual; 1×meat temperature guide; 1×3 years and friendly customer service.
The Habor 022 Meat Thermometer is a super-fast, digital, easy to use and accurate thermometer. This multi-purpose thermometer can be used for Oil, Milk, Meat, Yogurt, and Candy.
It has a long probe that can detect temperatures from a safe distance to avoid burning or scalding your hands. The thermometer has an ultra-fast response of 4-6 seconds with a 1-degree Celsius accuracy.
It also has a clear screen with which you can note the temperature readings. It also has an auto shut-off function that turns the thermometer off after 10 minutes.
|It has an auto shut-off function||The display gets dim sometimes|
|It prevents the burning of hands due to the long probe||Some users say that the battery cover may not close properly|
|It has a wide range of temperature readings, from -58 degrees Fahrenheit to over 570-degrees Fahrenheit|
|It has a 3-year warranty|
- 6 TEMPERATURE ZONES printed on display, large and easy-to-read quick references: Deep Fry, Thread, Soft Ball, Hard Ball, Soft Crack & Hard Crack stages
- INSULATED HANDLE stays cool-to-the-touch and does not retain heat
- POT CLIP ATTACHMENT clips to side of pot and securely holds thermometer in place for precise readings
- TEMPERATURE RANGES in Celsius and Fahrenheit – 90°F to 400°F (30°C to 200°C). Great for making candy melting chocolate, yogurts, creams sauces, jams, deep frying and more.
- DISHWASHER SAFE Rust-resistant stainless steel, top rack only
The Polder Thermometer is a thermometer designed for temperature readings in the 6 zones of candy making; Deep Fry, Thread, Soft Ball, Hard Ball, Soft Crack & Hard Crack stages.
It is made of stainless steel, with an insulated handle that does not keep heat and thus prevents accidents in the kitchen. This manual thermometer is also dishwasher safe and can be used as multipurpose, for milk, candy, creams, melted chocolate, sauces, etc.
|The thermometer is easy to read and use||This product is quite fragile, and care must be taken when handling the stainless steel part of the thermometer|
|The temperature range is wide enough to accommodate temperatures between 90-degrees Fahrenheit and 400-degrees Fahrenheit||The readings of this thermometer are not always accurate|
|The design of this thermometer suited for easy handling||The pot clip might be loose, thus making the thermometer slip easily|
|It comes with a pot clip attachment|
- Deep fry/candy thermometer
- Temperature range 100 to 400 Degree F
- Built-in pot clip
- Top hanging loop
- Measures 2 Inch x 11-3/4 Inch
The Winco Deep Fry/Candy Thermometer has a hanging ring for easy handling, and also to prevent burns. It is a manual thermometer that is filled with mercury in a tiny tube that rises to meet an exact temperature reading written on both sides of the thermometer.
It is made of Stainless Steel and also has a built-in pot clip. It is a multipurpose thermometer that can be used for candy making and for deep frying.
|It can record temperatures between 100-degrees Fahrenheit and 400-degrees Fahrenheit||This product does not have a warranty|
|This thermometer is water-proof||The numbers on this thermometer have a tendency to fall off, making the thermometer not a suitable choice for some users|
|The pot clip and handle make this thermometer quite durable|
- MULTIPURPOSE COOKING GADGET – 2-in-1 Kitchen & BBQ Grill Tool Reads Internal Temperature of Chocolate, Liquid Candy, Cream, Sauce, Syrup, Meat & More
- HANDY SILICONE SPATULA – Removable Spatula Spoon is Protective Sleeve for Long Temperature Probe; Great for Mixing, Stirring, & Serving Up Portions
- INSTANT READ FOOD THERMOMETER – Precision Probe Delivers Fast, Accurate High Temp Readings Between -58°F and 572°F; Works on Candy, Beef, Chicken, Etc.
- SLEEK DIGITAL DISPLAY – Modern Device Features Effortless 1-Button Operation & Easy Read LCD Screen; Powered by 1 LR44 Battery [Included] for Wireless Use
- DISASSEMBLES FOR CLEANING – Low Maintenance Chocolate Thermometer Monitors Food While Stirring; BPA-Free Paddle Removes for Hand Washing
The Gourmia Digital Spatula is a mixture of modernity and durability. It is a multipurpose gadget that can be used for yogurts, candy, creams, meat, chocolate, and other foods.
This appliance also has a silicone spatula that encases the thermometer probe that makes it easy for stirring foods, mixing and serving.
This digital thermometer is very fast and gives accurate readings for temperatures between -58 degrees Fahrenheit and 572 degrees Fahrenheit. The thermometer can also be easily disassembled for cleaning.
|This thermometer comes with a spatula that helps you take temperature readings even while stirring your food||The handle of this product is quite short|
|The thermometer can be disassembled for easy cleaning||The thermometer needs to be recalibrated frequently|
|It is made of environmentally-friendly materials|
|The temperature readings are accurate and have a wide range for extreme temperatures|
- Large easy-read dial and 5 1/2-inch stainless steel probe
- NSF Certified
- Pot clip attaches thermometer to side of pot and positions probe to avoid touching the pot
- Nut and wrench for temperature calibration
- Lifetime Warranty
When you talk about products that you would want to use for a long time, then the CIA Masters Collection is your top choice. This thermometer has a lifetime warranty and is NSF certified (an American product testing, inspection, and certification organization).
This thermometer has a 5 and half-inch probe, as well as a nut and wrench for temperature calibration. It also has a pot clip that helps prevent the thermometer from touching the pot to avoid fluctuation in readings.
|The thermometer comes with a lifetime warranty and is NSF Certified||The temperature is quite hard to read|
|It has a pot clip for extra hold||The pot clip might come loose and may be difficult to use|
|This product is very easy to use, and also very easy to clean||This thermometer needs to be calibrated regularly|
|It comes with its own calibration tools|
Final Words On What Is The Best Candy Thermometer To Use
If I were to choose a winner for this product category, or if I were to suggest my Top Pick, it would be the Habor 022.
This product gives you accurate readings and it has a long probe that is very sensitive to a slight change in temperature. It also has an auto shut-off function that helps you preserve your battery life and the probe can easily be cleaned for the next use.
This thermometer is also versatile as it can be used for many different foods. This product also comes in different colors and is very affordable. The temperature reading is very wide and can note extreme temperatures. It also has a 3-year warranty, making it easy for you to enjoy using your product.
You can still explore other options, and never forget that your budget is also an important factor when purchasing your Candy thermometer.
An extra tip you will need to note is how to calibrate and recalibrate your thermometer. To do this, you will need to test extreme temperatures, i.e. test the thermometer in cold water, and in boiling water as well.
Most people test thermometer using boiling water. To do this, bring water to boil, as insert the probe of the thermometer into the boiling water. The temperature for constant boiling water is 100-degrees Celsius or 212-degrees Fahrenheit. Then remove the thermometer and note as the readings change and decrease.
This article is important to me because I did not know about a Candy Thermometer until when I needed it the most, and luckily, you do not need to be in the same situation I was in before you buy your candy thermometer.
You can buy your thermometer now, and start using it rather than going on an emergency buying that might make you make a poor choice.
Now, I enjoy making all forms of candy using my candy thermometer, and I also enjoy using my candy thermometer for making creams. I would love to know what you think, and which thermometer choice you eventually went for in the comments section.
If you love the article, or you have further reviews on the products you have purchased, please tell me! Like and share this article, even as you explore the different ways of making candy!
Did you like “What Is The Best Candy Thermometer To Use?”? We would greatly appreciate if you share it on Facebook and Tweet it.
Last update on 2020-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API