Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/4 lbs pork tenderloin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, preferably organic
- 1/3 cup honey, preferably local
- 1-2 tbsp cornstarch
Optional: Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
- Cut the pork tenderloin into 2 or 3 sections and generously season with salt and black pepper.
- Select the “Sauté” function and set it to the highest setting. Add two tablespoons olive oil and the pieces of pork tenderloin and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned. Transfer pork from Instant Pot® to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil, onion, and garlic. Add garlic powder, oregano, thyme, and rosemary. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently until the onion is soft and develops some color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and deglaze the pot by scraping the bottom with a spatula to release any browned bits. Cook for 1-2minutes, or until the liquid is slightly reduced and the sharp acidic smell dissipates.
- Add the broth and honey and stir to combine. Lock the lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the“Manual” setting to “High” for 3 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops and no additional steam comes out, carefully remove the lid and transfer the pork to a serving platter.
- Add the cornstarch and an equal amount of hot liquid from the Instant Pot® to a small bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Slowly stir the slurry into the sauce a little at a time until thickened, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, slice the pork and pour some of the balsamic sauce on top. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves, if using, and offer the remaining sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Did you like “Instant Pot® Balsamic Pork Tenderloin”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Be the first to comment