- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
- Arrange the eggplant halves on the prepared baking sheet without overcrowding and place them in the oven. Roast for 35-40minutes, or until the eggplant is tender and appears to be collapsing. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, gently scoop out the eggplant interior into a mesh strainer set over a large bowl. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves to release the edible interior into the strainer, as well.
- Press down on the eggplant and garlic with the back of a large spoon to release as much liquid as possible. Remove the strainer and discard the liquid in the bowl. Wipe dry before adding the eggplant mixture to the same bowl.
- Add the tahini, fresh lemon juice, parsley, and one-quarter cup olive oil to the bowl. Season generously with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir vigorously to combine.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining olive oil and the pomegranate arils. Serve immediately with a selection of vegetable cruditésand/or gluten-free pita or crackers, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Baba Ganoush Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Be the first to comment