- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
- Arrange the eggplant halves on the prepared baking sheet without overcrowding and place them in the oven. Roast for 35-40minutes, or until the eggplant is tender and appears to be collapsing. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, gently scoop out the eggplant interior into a mesh strainer set over a large bowl. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves to release the edible interior into the strainer, as well.
- Press down on the eggplant and garlic with the back of a large spoon to release as much liquid as possible. Remove the strainer and discard the liquid in the bowl. Wipe dry before adding the eggplant mixture to the same bowl.
- Add the tahini, fresh lemon juice, parsley, and one-quarter cup olive oil to the bowl. Season generously with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir vigorously to combine.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining olive oil and the pomegranate arils. Serve immediately with a selection of vegetable cruditésand/or gluten-free pita or crackers, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Baba Ganoush Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share it on your favorite social media channel.