This super versatile apple chutney can be used in so many ways. For example, it is wonderful as a tasty sandwich spread or as a decadent glaze for roasted chicken or pork. It can also be served with an assortment of different cheese varieties, cured meats, and gluten-free crackers or crostini for a delicious appetizer.
The garlic chili sauce used in this recipe is available in most grocery stores or online. It is spicy, so start with a small amount and add more to reach the desired level of heat.
Instant Pot® Savory Apple Chutney Recipe
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp sugar-free garlic chili sauce
- 4 large apples, cored and peeled
- 1 large orange, peeled and chopped, with juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest, preferably organic
- Select the “Sauté” function and adjust to the highest setting. Add olive oil. Once hot, add the red onion, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cumin seed, and salt. Stir to combine and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent, and the spices are fragrant approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in the cider vinegar and deglaze the pot by gently scraping the bottom with a spatula to loosen any browned bits. Add the honey, garlic chili sauce, apples, orange, and orange zest. Stir to combine and turn the unit off.
- Cover and lock the lid into place. Flip the pressure valve to “Sealing” and select the “Manual” setting on high for 3 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then do a quick release for any remaining pressure. Once the pin drops and no more steam escapes, carefully remove the lid and set aside.
- Select the “Sauté” function and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Heat, while stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens, and the excess liquid is reduced approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the unit off and either use immediately or store in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to one week. Enjoy!
Did you like “Instant Pot® Savory Apple Chutney Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate it if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2021-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API